Frequently asked



These guidelines will provide basic facts about the law and consumer safety.
Everyone at Emerald Haze Cannabis Emporium wants our customers to have a good time. We have a list of regulations from the Washington Liquor Control Board that outlines recreational cannabis use in Washington State.

What are the requirements to buy recreational Cannabis?

Anyone twenty-one and beyond with valid unexpired identification. We are a legal Cannabis recreational store and no medical authorization needed just your valid ID. You do not have to be a Washington State resident.

What kind of identification is valid?

We accept Identification that MUST be valid (not expired) and show: Date of Birth, Signature (except US Military ID – see below), and Photograph of Bearer:
  • Driver’s License, Instruction Permit, or I.D. Card Issued by any U.S. State
  • Driver’s License, Instruction Permit, or I.D. Card Issued by any Canadian Province
  • Valid Washington State Temporary Driver’s License
  • U.S. Armed Forces I.D. Card (Encrypted signature acceptable)
  • Merchant Marine I.D. Card (Issued by U.S. Coast Guard)
  • Official Passport
  • Washington State Tribal Enrollment Card (No expiration date required)

Initiative I-502 legalized marijuana use for adults; however, there are still a number of restrictions. It is important for you to be aware of the following laws:

  • Age Limit: Only adults age 21 and older can purchase and possess marijuana.
  • Stores: Marijuana can only be sold and purchased at state-licensed retail stores. A valid photo ID is required, and no one under 21 is allowed on the retail premises. No firearms are allowed on premises.
  • Purchase Limits: Adults age 21 and over can purchase up to one ounce of useable marijuana (the harvested flowers, or “bud”), 16 ounces of marijuana-infused edibles in solid form, 72 ounces in liquid form, and 7 grams of marijuana concentrates.
  • No Resale or Giveaways: It remains a felony for anyone who is not a licensed retailer to sell or provide marijuana to anyone else. Providing or selling marijuana to a minor under the age of 18 can result in up to 10 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.
  • Public Use: It is illegal to consume marijuana in view of the public.
  • Driving – It is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana if you have more than 5 nanograms of active THC per milliliter of blood. Doing so may result in significant legal penalties.
  • Travel – It is illegal to take marijuana outside of Washington. Doing so may result in significant legal penalties.


Edible Products

Read the labels, go slowly, and don’t hesitate to ask questions. Legal marijuana edibles are often made with concentrated cannabis oil, meaning they may be much stronger than edibles you have tried in the past. Depending on your body type, edibles can take up to two hours to fully take effect and may impair your ability to drive, work, or operate machinery safely for a longer period of time. Be careful; start with 5 mg serving or less, and don’t take more until you wait a full two hours. Most importantly, keep edibles and any cannabis product far away from children and pets.


Marijuana concentrates come in a number of varieties: oil, hashes, waxes, kief, and amber glass. If marijuana was compared to a light beer, then concentrates would be a stiff whiskey drink. They are strong and have quick effect, so begin with a small amount.

Vaporizer Pens

Vaporizer pens are relatively new to the legal marijuana market and work similarly to electronic cigarettes. Be careful go slowly when using them because they use concentrated cannabis oils.

Driving and DUI

Driving under the influence of marijuana is illegal in Washington and carries serious penalties.

THC is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. Similar to the 0.08 blood-alcohol limit, it is illegal to drive with 5 ng/ml of THC or more in your blood if you are 21 or older. If you are under 21, it is illegal to drive with any amount of THC in your blood.

The blood test is performed at a police station or medical facility and requires a blood draw. Published research says it can take 3 hours for some people to drop below 5 ng/ml after using marijuana, but it can take longer depending on multiple variables such as gender and body size.

It is less risky to wait at least 5 hours before operating a vehicle. Keep in mind that edible marijuana products can remain in your system much longer.
If you are not sure whether you are impaired, do not drive! Call a taxi or use a designated driver.

Where to Consume

Private vs. Public:

Washington State law protects private marijuana use, so you can consume openly in a residence as long as the property owner allows it.

Marijuana cannot be consume in public view, such as on streets and sidewalks, or in public parks. In addition, the state’s Smoking in Public Places Law (RCW 70.160) prohibits smoking of any kind in public places and places of employment.


As with tobacco, smoking marijuana in any indoor location is subject to the restrictions in the Washington Smoking in Public Places law. The law prohibits smoking in a public place or place of employment, and within 25 feet of entrances, exits, windows that open, and ventilation intakes that serve and enclosed area. If the establishment permits it and you are vaporizing or staying in a room in which smoking is allowed, it is legal to consume marijuana in a private hotel room.

Boating, Hiking, and Skiing:

According to the U.S. Coast Guard, if you are in navigable waters, they will enforce Federal Law. Possession of marijuana is still illegal federally. This is also true at national parks. And it is never okay to operate a boat while impaired by marijuana or any other drug. The law against marijuana use in public view applies to state parks, public hiking trails, and ski resorts.


order online

& Skip the wait

For those who already know what they want, we offer an online menu for your convenience.